Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide exceptional guest service in order to create a quality guest experience
• Monitor exhibits and instruct guests in proper handling techniques of animals
• Execution of guided behind the scenes tours and exclusive animal encounters
• Solicit onsite sales of paid exclusive encounter programs
• Collect and maintain records including waivers and agreements signed by guest who purchase exclusive animal encounters
• Use storytelling techniques to connect guests with animals and exhibits, and interpret the mission of the aquarium
• Facilitate public interpretive programs with the use of bio-facts, animal ambassadors, and approved exhibit/ animal guides
• Interact positively with all staff members and volunteers
Less than High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers an attractive benefits/vacation package including a 100% employer paid health plan, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match of the first 5% contributed.