Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
- Assist in the preparation of food according to established procedure.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of utensils and equipment used to feed and care for animals.
- Assist in facility maintenance of the animal areas.
- Enter exhibits by use of SCUBA equipment to clean exhibit, provide animal care, and/or feed.
- Perform water quality duties.
- Enter Data into TRACKS.
- Complete animal behavioral observations and report abnormalities to supervisor.
- Adhere to all governmental/AZA policies regarding acquisition, husbandry, records, and animal health.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe work practices to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Provide exceptional guest service.
- Abide by all policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
- Abide by all policies and procedures outlined in the Animal Husbandry Standard Operating Procedures.
Any combination of education and experience which would likely produce the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Valid Texas Driver's license with insurable record. SCUBA Certified required.
Please apply online at www.texasstateaquarium.org