At the present time, the United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce offices are closed to the public.
Certificates of Origin will be processed via E-Certify.
All meetings scheduled to be held in the RTA building have been cancelled and/or transitioned to remote or call-in meetings.
We have currently postponed all in-person events and programs through the end of April 2020. Updates on rescheduled dates will be posted on this page as they become available.
TEXAS UPDATE GA-21:
-Texans, except where necessary to provide or obtain an essential service or a reopened service, should continue to minimize social gatherings and in-person contact with those who are not in the same household.
-People over the age of 65 are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible. Individuals are encouraged to avoid contact with those 65 and older.
-Those who do leave the home, whether young or old, should implement social distancing and good hygiene
-Essential Services include those listed under CISA guidance as well as churches, congregations and places of worship
- Reopened Services consist of the following:
- In-store retail at 25% occupancy (25% does not include employees)
- Dine-in at restaurants at 25% occupancy (no occupancy limit on outside seating; 25% does not include employees)
- Movie theaters at 25% occupancy (25% does not include employees)
- Shopping malls at 25% occupancy (food court, play areas, and interactive displays must remain closed) (25% does not include employees)
- Museums and libraries at occupancy of 25% (25% does not include employees)
- Golf course operations
- Local government operations
- Services provided by one individual in an office setting (note this will be expanded on Monday, May 18th)
- Wedding venues and services required to conduct weddings, subject to either the guidelines on churches (if held in a church) or at 25% of indoor occupancy (if held indoors at a non-church). Note, it is strongly encouraged to hold weddings outside
- Wedding receptions, subject to the guidelines on restaurants (if held at a restaurant) or subject to 25% of indoor capacity (if held indoors). Again, strongly encouraged to hold outside.
Starting on Friday, May 8, 2020, the following will be opened:
- Cosmetology salons, hair salons, barbershops, and nail salons may open but should follow guidelines set forth in Open Texas
- Tanning Salons may open but should follow guidelines set forth in Open Texas
- Swimming pools may operate if outdoor or indoor but must follow occupancy levels set forth
Starting on Monday, May 18, 2020 the following will be opened:
- Services provided in an office may operate with the greater of five individuals or 25% of the total office workforce
- Non-essential manufacturing [services] at 25% occupancy
- Gyms and exercise facilities and classes, whether indoor, outdoor, individual, or group, at a 25% occupancy
APRIL 07, 2020
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – In a special City Council meeting held earlier today, the Corpus Christi City Council approved a $2 Million loan program with LiftFund Inc. for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Businesses eligible to apply for this program are those within the Corpus Christi city limits with annual gross revenues of not more than $1.5 million. Additionally, businesses must show a reduction in revenue of at least 15% from March 1st through the date of application. Priority will be given to those businesses affected by Executive Order No. GA-14 signed by Governor Greg Abbott on March 31, 2020, including gyms, restaurants, nail salons, beauty salons, barber shops, bars, massage parlors. Loans will range in value up to $25,000 at zero percent interest for up to 36 months with a deferment of the first payment for four months. It is intended for funding to take place with 10 days of receipt of required documentation and subsequent approval.
LiftFund Inc has been working with the City of Corpus Christi for over 15 years and has a proven track record for assisting local businesses. Businesses can call LiftFund at 1-888-215-2373 for more information, and beginning on Monday, April 13, businesses can apply on-line at LiftFund.com.