Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Procuring animal diet components from approved vendors, using best practices to minimize associated costs and food waste while assuring appropriate quality control measures are followed.
- Serving as liaison between contracted veterinary nutritionist and on-site veterinary care and animal care teams.
- Ensuring areas of animal diet preparation and storage, including freezers, refrigerators, utensils and equipment are clean, organized, and functioning properly.
- Monitoring inventory closely to avoid food shortage issues and coordinating transfer of supplies between aquarium properties.
- Assisting in planning and directing the work of volunteers in the commissary.
- Assisting in preparing animal diets according to the established procedures for the Animal Care departments.
- ?Assuring that animal diets are correctly entered and updated in recordkeeping software.
Bachelor’s degree in animal science or nutrition (animal or human) with at least one to two year’s related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicants with extensive restaurant kitchen management experience will also be considered. Valid TX driver's license is required; applicants must have an insurable driving record.
This position offers an attractive benefits/vacation package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match of the first 5% contributed.
Please apply online at www.texasstateaquarium.org