Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
•Provide exceptional guest service to create a quality guest experience
• Operate cash register, make correct change, and maintain accountability for funds in all areas assigned
• Follow established procedures to sell admission tickets and memberships and complete associated paperwork
• Follow established procedures for validation of all guests and members
• Control access to the 4D theater by greeting guests in the foyer, distributing glasses, and directing guests the through queuing area
• Assist with seating of guests in the 4D theater and collect glasses from guests as they exit the theater
• Follow established procedures for cleaning of theater glasses, seats, and other equipment as assigned
• Use storytelling / improvisation techniques to connect guests with animals and exhibits, and interpret the mission of the aquarium
• Monitor various exhibits and instruct guests in approved techniques for interacting with animals
Less than High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required for consideration; or up to one month related experience or training. An equivalent combination of education or experience would also meet the required qualifications.
If interested in applying, please visit Careers & Internships - Texas State Aquarium for more information. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be reviewed.