Wildlife Care Manager
Wildlife Care Manager
Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
The Wildlife Care Manager will oversee all operations of the Wildlife Care department while providing a sustaining environment for the animals and an education experience for the guests. The Wildlife Care Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee all aspects of current department collection, and wildlife rehabilitation.
- Oversee the daily exhibit maintenance of current department animal collection areas and all other areas utilized by the department.
- Oversee and participate in the husbandry and care of current department animal collection.
- Oversee all animal training activities
- Oversee the proper quarantine procedures are being followed.
- Participate in the development and design of exhibits and systems as assigned.
- Act as primary contact during marine mammal rehabilitation activities.
- Assist veterinary staff during animal medical procedures.
- Ensure that all animal handling practices are in accordance to husbandry guidelines.
- Enter data into TRACKS.
- Develop, implement, and enforce Standard Operating Procedures for wildlife rehabilitation and all other department work areas/tasks.
- Oversee the purchasing and inventory of supplies, equipment, and animal diets.
Bachelor’s degree biology, psychology or related field from four-year college or university; a minimum of five years of professional experience working with birds and mammals and two years of experience as a supervisor in an aquarium/zoological institution is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid TX Drivers license with an insurable record is required.
This position offers an attractive benefits/vacation package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match of the first 5% contributed.
Please apply online at www.texasstateaquarium.org