Port Corpus Christi Authority (PCCA) is currently seeking a dynamic professional to join our team for the Security Department.
- Prepares and reviews complex documents including presentations and special reports as needed
- Gathers, assembles, produces and disseminates key reports
- Composes letters, e-mails and memorandums in final form and creates, edits and proofs reports, letters, databases and other materials
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Plans, coordinates and promotes assigned internal and external business events requiring Port PD staff participation
- Coordinates logistics, requirements and ensures proper logistical approach from commencement to completion for assigned business special events hosted and sponsored by the Port PD.
- Produces, formats and edits agendas for planning meetings and programs
- Makes travel arrangements for Port PD staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations through SAP CONCUR.
- Develops detailed spreadsheets for various projects, as needed
- Collaborates with staff, management, clients and vendors to ensure special event needs are met
- Manages Port Police Command Staff calendar
- Provides administrative support to the Port Police Command Staff, performs tasks utilizing advanced skills in organization and planning, in-depth knowledge of operations and objectives and overall knowledge of other PCCA departments
- Maintains office supplies, police equipment, police uniforms, etc., other inventories, anticipating supplies, and when needed placing and expediting orders.
- Performs functions in a thorough and professional manner, maintains an acceptable level of competence, discretion and professionalism
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Advanced administrative skills with organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks from inception to completion and use mature judgment when prioritizing tasks
- Capable of handling heavy workload and ever-changing priorities
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively and positively with the public and varying levels of management
- Demonstrates proficiency of the English language with strong reading, writing, listening and speaking communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel, Outlook, Access and other related applications
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply all PCCA policies, promotes and adheres to the SEAPORT values, state/federal laws
- Maintain good employee relations and encourages and fosters a helpful environment where teamwork prevails.
The preferred candidate for this position should be an organized and disciplined individual with excellent time management skills. Effective at dealing with all levels of management, multi-task, and motivate others. The successful candidate must possess the following:
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
EXPERIENCE & JOB KNOWLEDGE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in a business-related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Ability to obtain and maintain Criminal Justice Information (GJI) access.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Five (5) years of experience in duties outlined or equivalent experience
- Experience with Law Enforcement agencies and/or relevant agencies preferred
Interested and qualified candidates must apply on-line and submit a resume at www.portofcc.com on or before February 3, 2023, 11:59 PM CST.
If you are selected for a position with PCCA, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a drug test and alcohol screening as well as a verification of information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PCCA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status.
- Ability to perform essential job functions, including but not limited to frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, typing and occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined, climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp/handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- Ability to work in a general office environment, with some exposure to the elements when visiting worksites
- Ability to operate light-weight highway vehicles and standard office equipment and to work the requisite hours to fulfill position objectives, including evenings and/or weekends, as needed