Community Engagement Manager
Community Engagement Manager
SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for effectively engaging with the community to promote the mission of Visit Corpus Christi and related programs while generating sponsorships for organizational events. The Community Engagement Manager will have direct oversight of the community engagement efforts to increase awareness and support for the organization.
The ideal candidate will develop and implement a strategic approach for building strong relationships with key community members, stakeholders, and partners while implementing effective strategies for planning and executing successful events and producing compelling resource materials that promote the organization's mission.
The Community Engagement Manager will work under the direction of VP of Strategy with a close working relationship with the President & CEO, as well as collaborate across departments to ensure that all community engagement efforts are aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Work with CEO & VP of Strategy to develop and implement the long-term strategic vision for resource development and community engagement.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive total resource campaign program that includes a comprehensive list of all community engagement events and partnership opportunities.
- Oversee all aspects of total resource campaign, including securing sponsors, managing fulfillment, and development of marketing materials.
- Develop highly targeted sponsorship proposals.
- Plan, execute, and successfully generate sponsorships for organizational events.
- Monitor and report on the success of community engagement efforts to the organization’s leadership.
- Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results of revenue budget in line with the needs of the mission of the organization.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications departments to integrate community engagement initiatives into the organization's overall strategy.
- Conduct research to identify new engagement opportunities and potential partners.
- Foster a cooperative work environment with co-workers, managers, and external partners.
- Attend and engage in community events to foster the community relationship with tourism
- Facilitate and recommend to VCC leadership speaking and community engagement opportunities
- Speak at strategic events to forward the VCC message and offerings of the organization
- Facilitate and assist in the implementation of key VCC community events including Tourism Academy initiatives, workforce development initiatives, and other partner facing events.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.)
- At least 3-5 years of experience in community engagement or marketing, preferably in the tourism industry.
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages for various audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and ability to work independently.
- Understanding of the tourism industry, including its marketing strategies, trends, and challenges.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to inform decision-making.
- Knowledge of community engagement strategies and practices that drive awareness and support for organizations.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions, solve practical problems, and exhibit high ethical standards.
- Strong group presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and OneNote.
- BA in Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications, preferred or 3+ years' experience in resource development and fundraising.
- CFRE or ACFRE preferred.
- Passion for resource development with a deep understanding of nonprofit management.
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to work independently and autonomously from management.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills with professional appearance and manner.
- Natural ideal team player skills of humble, hungry, and smart.